May 11, 2016

Rough Places Smooth

This morning at breakfast Levi shared with us a dream he had last night.  The significance is that he often dreams this or a very similar dream, and it's obviously something near to his heart.  He dreams of discovering hidden treasure; how I love him so!  I didn't think much about it, beyond pondering hope away in my heart, before racing to finish clearing eggs from sweet little cheeks and dirty plates.  
Later on in the day, I was realizing that I've not taken many pictures of the house building project lately, and so I began taking video shots of the backhoe pushing around dark shale pieces and transferring them from heightened areas into other low places that needed "brought up".

I was reminded of the passage in Isaiah 45:2, "I will go before you, and make the rough places smooth. I will break the doors of brass in pieces, and cut apart the bars of iron."  (World English Bible)
When I came inside and listened into the heart of the Father from this passage, I was surprised by the verses preceding and following.  In Isaiah 44 God was wooing his children back to himself, and in Isaiah 45:1, God says of Cyrus the Persian, his chosen agent, "Not by his hand alone, but with his in Mine, nations are vanquished, their leaders conquered; doors and gates open without a fight and will not close." (The Voice Bible)

God chose to use Cyrus, an unlikely character, to free his people and bring about his plans on the earth.  Though God never did, nor ever will cause evil or pain, He did and will continue to use every situation and challenge we find ourselves surrounded by to shape us, to "make the rough places smooth".  He has a noble plan that he works in us and through us, breaking down, and building up, leveling the ground, and maturing us into the sons and daughters we are, as we continually yield ourselves to his Love.  And then, He says in Isaiah 45:3, "I will give you hidden treasures and wealth tucked away in secret places; I will reveal them to you.  Then you will know that I am the Eternal, the God of Israel, who calls you by name."  (The Voice Bible)  


Dreams are coming true, Levi!  Dreams are coming true!  


No comments: