February 16, 2017

Chasing You

You know?  Some days are just long, and some feel even longer. Today I retro-published a draft on my blog that I began writing in October, and I realized that since beginning homeschooling in August, I've been on such a learning curve myself, I've not had much time of my own, to put into what I love.  Of course it doesn't mean I don't love what I'm putting time into.  It's just that it's not my own, for me or my interests.  I can't believe how long it's been! 

I got thinking today... and, for whatever reason... perhaps I'm starting to get into a groove with school, or maybe it's that remembered for a minute what I love since I've been missing it for so long... I found myself asking these questions.  "What is it that makes me, ME?  What was I created FOR?  What dream did my Father have in mind when He breathed ME into existence?"  Every time, these are the thoughts which bring me back to the beginning, to my place of origin in the Father. 

It's like this.  The other day as I was standing in my almost finished kitchen, watching Randy work, for the first time I heard a certain song that struck me.  Not sure how I've not yet heard it, but sometimes a song does that.  It has a way of opening up my soul, and in a moment the words mean everything and resonate so deeply with the season of my heart.  Immediately I began dancing around my kitchen island, freely expressing my desire for my Father, remembering.  I've been playing it for days. 

Chasing You
by Jenn Johnson & Bethel Music

..."This life, this love, was always meant to be
A wild, crazy adventure discovering
The thrill, the rush, the more of You I see
The more it leaves me wanting..."


"I’m Chasing You, with all my love
Captivated, I just cant get enough
I’ll spend my days, Running after Your heart
Your heart, Your heart..."


Remembering... the passion of living life in love, adventure which conquers monotony, purity of purpose that inspires me to persist... 

Our house will be built!  Our children will be taught!  We will travel!  A day will come when once again we pursue our passions!  Until then,  and no matter how long the day feels or how impatient I become in the waiting... I remember.  I keep my eyes on Him!  He is my adventure, my prize!  My joy is steady because He is steady in me. 


No comments: